shredder1
Established Member
Stafford. 22nd March 2017.
It has been a few years since I had spent a day at Stafford railway station and it proved to be still a very busy rail centre for passing freight trains. I arrived just after 10.00 on a Cross Country Voyager from Manchester Piccadilly. The weather was wet and rainy and with even more rain, heavy at times, although it did dry up for a period in the afternoon and the sun even came out on my journey home. The ISO`s however were kept high, it was generally a muggy day.
Stafford lends itself to rail photography and the many cranks who visit even have their own waiting room looking south from the station, the staff are very friendly and I met some lovely people down there and also bumped into me old mate Will the Liverpudlian and top gun at Stafford, Taylor, who`s excellent rail photographs are displayed in the station waiting room.
I`d certainly caught the right day with 5 class 90`s through, 2 on double headers and 1 running-in new wheels, a Network Rail 97/37 on route learning, class 92 and 73 movement, a number of class 66`s in a plethora of liveries, 2 class 68`s and a class 70, plus the regular passenger workings, it was indeed a very eventful day.
I returned to Manchester around 17.00, again on a Cross Country Voyager, a nice change from my usual wanderings, staying in one spot for the day, and a cheap day too at £12.50 on a railcard, (booking from Stockport), I wont leave it too long next time, before I return.
https://www.facebook.com/nick.melli...1073742702.100001125840218&type=3&pnref=story
It has been a few years since I had spent a day at Stafford railway station and it proved to be still a very busy rail centre for passing freight trains. I arrived just after 10.00 on a Cross Country Voyager from Manchester Piccadilly. The weather was wet and rainy and with even more rain, heavy at times, although it did dry up for a period in the afternoon and the sun even came out on my journey home. The ISO`s however were kept high, it was generally a muggy day.
Stafford lends itself to rail photography and the many cranks who visit even have their own waiting room looking south from the station, the staff are very friendly and I met some lovely people down there and also bumped into me old mate Will the Liverpudlian and top gun at Stafford, Taylor, who`s excellent rail photographs are displayed in the station waiting room.
I`d certainly caught the right day with 5 class 90`s through, 2 on double headers and 1 running-in new wheels, a Network Rail 97/37 on route learning, class 92 and 73 movement, a number of class 66`s in a plethora of liveries, 2 class 68`s and a class 70, plus the regular passenger workings, it was indeed a very eventful day.
I returned to Manchester around 17.00, again on a Cross Country Voyager, a nice change from my usual wanderings, staying in one spot for the day, and a cheap day too at £12.50 on a railcard, (booking from Stockport), I wont leave it too long next time, before I return.
https://www.facebook.com/nick.melli...1073742702.100001125840218&type=3&pnref=story