• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The First eurostar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

paul1609

Established Member
Joined
28 Jan 2006
Messages
7,992
Location
K
I thought that 14029 was from the Nene Valley Railway. It was based at the K&ESR a few years ago. There was also 2 other 14s there I belive.
14029 is owned by a company called Stratrail which has links with the K&ESR the loco is currently in Tenterden Yard having been on hire on both the CTRL phases 1 & 2.
Theres a guy at the Nene valley railway who is the class 14 guru and it went there for overhaul.
 

Daniel

Established Member
Joined
5 Oct 2005
Messages
2,568
Location
London
Yawn

Anyway, If HS2 was built wouldn't that make the WCML improvements a massive waste of money?

Depends how you look at it. I know I said before that HS2 is proposed to use the M1 corridor, but I may be wrong... i'm sure it was to be a new dedicated line. If it really was that fast then I suppose that the WCML would still generate revenue as it stops more...

I believe the concept of HS2 was to provide passengers from Europe a direct connection to Northern England and Scotland directly from abroad - (by using the same train from Europe - St Pancras - The North).
 

CraigS

Established Member
Joined
2 Apr 2007
Messages
1,995
Location
St Leonards on Sea
14029 is owned by a company called Stratrail which has links with the K&ESR the loco is currently in Tenterden Yard having been on hire on both the CTRL phases 1 & 2.
Theres a guy at the Nene valley railway who is the class 14 guru and it went there for overhaul.

Ah rite. Thanks for clearing that up. Is 14029 gonna be at Tenterden for a while. If so I may head over to the KESR and get some pics.
 

paul1609

Established Member
Joined
28 Jan 2006
Messages
7,992
Location
K
Think the plan is that it will be on the K&ESR all summer as our 08 is now being overhauled but obviously if a hire came up it would move at very short notice. if your planning to come over let me know I can show you around if i'm free.
 

CraigS

Established Member
Joined
2 Apr 2007
Messages
1,995
Location
St Leonards on Sea
Think the plan is that it will be on the K&ESR all summer as our 08 is now being overhauled but obviously if a hire came up it would move at very short notice. if your planning to come over let me know I can show you around if i'm free.

If I do I'll PM you.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top