• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The Cheshireman 12th Sept

Status
Not open for further replies.

missmarple

New Member
Joined
9 Sep 2015
Messages
2
Was keen to book tickets for this run on Sat 12th Sept to experience Tangmere in action but I've read so many bad reviews of The Railway Touring Co and steam no shows that I'm torn whether to take the risk. Does anyone have any info on the current status of Tangmere and the likelihood of it running? Thanks in advance.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

theblackwatch

Established Member
Joined
15 Feb 2006
Messages
10,889
Tangmere worked last week, I'm not aware of any reason it shouldn't this coming weekend.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I'm afraid I need to take back what I said earlier. This is from the Steam Dreams website at http://www.steamdreams.com/executables/GT410WebContent.exe?ActionCode=Timings posted today, and refers to one of their tours tomorrow. While not referring to Saturday's tour, please note the last sentence.

Postponed due to gauging issues and locomotive withdrawal
Tomorrow’s trip has been postponed following news received earlier today from West Coast Railways that Network Rail have been unable to satisfy the gauging requirements for the Duchess of Sutherland despite the fact that it has been run on all of this route within the last year. In addition Tangmere, our reserve loco, may be withdrawn from service when it gets back from a trip that it is on today due to problems with its boiler that require immediate attention.
 

alastair

Member
Joined
14 Oct 2010
Messages
484
Location
S Devon
Was keen to book tickets for this run on Sat 12th Sept to experience Tangmere in action but I've read so many bad reviews of The Railway Touring Co and steam no shows that I'm torn whether to take the risk. Does anyone have any info on the current status of Tangmere and the likelihood of it running? Thanks in advance.

Speculation on other forums that this trip will be hauled by a Black Five
 

missmarple

New Member
Joined
9 Sep 2015
Messages
2
Thanks both, much appreciated. Will just drive to Abergavenny to have a look then rather than forking out for a ride. Glad I found this forum!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top