• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Thameslink: "formed of" Vs "which has"

Tobberz

Member
Joined
9 Jan 2018
Messages
113
Thameslink announcements now seem to say "a Thameslink service which has x coaches", whereas I'm sure it used to say "formed of X coaches".

Am I amnesiac, or has it changed?

And, further, is this part of this premise of the supposed de-lingoifying of the railways, e.g.: abandoning use of the word "terminating"?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

py_megapixel

Established Member
Joined
5 Nov 2018
Messages
7,509
Location
Northern England
For as long as I can remember in Northern land, the displays have said "A Northern service which has 4 carriages", but the wording of the announcements has been "This train is formed of 4 carriages".
 

Top