• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Teigngrace line santa specials 21st december

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
Joined
31 Jul 2010
Messages
4,001
Am I correct in thinking that this line is the old inland route between Exeter & Newton Abbot and they are trying to reopen the Newton Abbot end as a heritage line ? I was looking at their website and could note work out if it was standard or Narrow Gauge.
 

455driver

Veteran Member
Joined
10 May 2010
Messages
11,329
As a 150 will be running up there in a couple of weeks and the log train to Chirk has run up there quite a lot, have a guess what gauge it is? ;)

Not aware of any heritage line intentions though, do you have a link to any info please.
 
Last edited:

Ash Bridge

Established Member
Joined
17 Mar 2014
Messages
4,222
Location
Stockport
As a 150 will be running up there in a couple of weeks and the log train to Chirk has run up there quite a lot, have a guess what gauge it is? ;)

Not aware of any heritage line intentions though, do you have a link to any info please.

Not absolutely certain on this, but I think I've read somewhere about a group pushing for the Devon Metro service running up to Heathfield?
 

455driver

Veteran Member
Joined
10 May 2010
Messages
11,329
Ah, now I remember, thanks.
Not much chance of it happening though!
 

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
Joined
31 Jul 2010
Messages
4,001
As a 150 will be running up there in a couple of weeks and the log train to Chirk has run up there quite a lot, have a guess what gauge it is? ;)


Not aware of any heritage line intentions though, do you have a link to any info please.




Oh silly me, I was not paying attention! of course it's standard gauge, just one of the pictures looked like it was narrow. I will go and stand in the corner & do a hundred lines. :oops:

There is a link in post one on this thread and I also just googled to get more info. :)
 
Last edited:

455driver

Veteran Member
Joined
10 May 2010
Messages
11,329
Oh silly me, I was not paying attention! of course it's standard gauge, just one of the pictures looked like it was narrow. I will go and stand in the corner & do a hundred lines. :oops:

There is a link in post one on this thread and I also just googled to get more info. :)

we all do stuff like that, its easy done. :lol:
 

12CSVT

Established Member
Joined
18 Aug 2010
Messages
2,611
Not sure if it's fully booked up yet, but once Santa and all the kids have gone home, there's a late afternoon trip for BLS members which will hopefully cover both sides of the Heathfield loop and the former Motorail platform at Newton Abbot.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top