RileyDog2018
Member
Hi all, (sorry for the long post)
So back in March this year, I applied for Trainee Depot Driver with EMR, and thanks to some great guidance and advice on this forum I was successful getting through interviews, group assessments, psychometric tests and the Dreaded MMI recieving the great news via email on 13 October. I also got a call from their recruitment, congratulating me and saying to stay in touch.
So the wait for call up started. After getting the great news I had successful, the joy quickly dissipates, and coming up to two months, with no news, it drags!! I have read several posts on here that no one knows how long it might be. I have also read that some people never got a call in the 2 years of being in the talent pool. So I am not asking how long I will have to wait, how long is a piece of string right?? (although if anyone working for EMR Notts/Derby has any insights I will gladly take them ) But I do have some questions about Talent pools which if answered will be helpful and will probably help others also.
Do I just wait, or should I attempt to contact recruitment regularly to stay in touch? I have worked in an office environment and can believe that my name might get lost/forgotten quite easily. So dont really want to "just wait". If I should contact them regularly, how often?? I should say i have already emailed recruitment once but that was 4 weeks ago and heard nothing back. So should I email or call?
Also, how long before a potential start date do they invite you to accept an offer (medical pending of course)?
Finally, I understand there is a period of time from a start date you are not able to take holiday, how long is that? With no news so far, I have planned and booked a family holiday for next year, but am concerned this might cause an issue?
Sorry for all the questions, but I have never come across Talent pools before, from reading posts on here, I understand they are industry wide, and the reason for having them, but I just want to understand how I should behave whilst in one???
Any other help or guidance for coping with being in a talent pool will be greatly appreciated.
So back in March this year, I applied for Trainee Depot Driver with EMR, and thanks to some great guidance and advice on this forum I was successful getting through interviews, group assessments, psychometric tests and the Dreaded MMI recieving the great news via email on 13 October. I also got a call from their recruitment, congratulating me and saying to stay in touch.
So the wait for call up started. After getting the great news I had successful, the joy quickly dissipates, and coming up to two months, with no news, it drags!! I have read several posts on here that no one knows how long it might be. I have also read that some people never got a call in the 2 years of being in the talent pool. So I am not asking how long I will have to wait, how long is a piece of string right?? (although if anyone working for EMR Notts/Derby has any insights I will gladly take them ) But I do have some questions about Talent pools which if answered will be helpful and will probably help others also.
Do I just wait, or should I attempt to contact recruitment regularly to stay in touch? I have worked in an office environment and can believe that my name might get lost/forgotten quite easily. So dont really want to "just wait". If I should contact them regularly, how often?? I should say i have already emailed recruitment once but that was 4 weeks ago and heard nothing back. So should I email or call?
Also, how long before a potential start date do they invite you to accept an offer (medical pending of course)?
Finally, I understand there is a period of time from a start date you are not able to take holiday, how long is that? With no news so far, I have planned and booked a family holiday for next year, but am concerned this might cause an issue?
Sorry for all the questions, but I have never come across Talent pools before, from reading posts on here, I understand they are industry wide, and the reason for having them, but I just want to understand how I should behave whilst in one???
Any other help or guidance for coping with being in a talent pool will be greatly appreciated.