• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

SWR - Report for Prosecution

Status
Not open for further replies.

McReadie

Member
Joined
14 Nov 2024
Messages
44
Location
South
Hi all,

Today I was a bit stupid and paid for a Clapham Junction to Staines on the wrong railcard *sigh* and went to Sunningdale instead (by accident as I missed my stop).

At Sunningdale I paid for a ticket from Virginia Waters just to get out. It actually saved me no money. The revenue enforcer could see I hadn’t travelled from Virginia Waters so it was a problem. I co operated with them.

I have a history of good travel on SWR and have never evaded fares before.

They gave me a report for prosecution today on my way out of Sunningdale.

What is the likely outcome here?? I do not want a criminal record and want to pay my fines and be done with it. What are the chances SWR pursue this to court?
Hi all,

Today I was a bit stupid and paid for a Clapham Junction to Staines on the wrong railcard *sigh* and went to Sunningdale instead (by accident as I missed my stop).

At Sunningdale I paid for a ticket from Virginia Waters just to get out. It actually saved me no money. The revenue enforcer could see I hadn’t travelled from Virginia Waters so it was a problem. I co operated with them.

I have a history of good travel on SWR and have never evaded fares before.

They gave me a report for prosecution today on my way out of Sunningdale.

What is the likely outcome here?? I do not want a criminal record and want to pay my fines and be done with it. What are the chances SWR pursue this to court?
This is how they will see it, you short ticketed from Clapham to Staines knowing that Sunningdale has no barrier.
Accept that you made an error, and that you will be willing to pay any related costs/penalties.
Any outcome that doesn't go to court should seen as a good result.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

poutine

Member
Joined
5 Oct 2024
Messages
13
Location
london
This is how they will see it, you short ticketed from Clapham to Staines knowing that Sunningdale has no barrier.
Accept that you made an error, and that you will be willing to pay any related costs/penalties.
Any outcome that doesn't go to court should seen as a good result.
Um, yeah you're a bit late to this but I received a settlement letter without even contacting them. Thanks though
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top