Yes, they've added two extra services.Guess its SWR finally seeing the light that the current evening peak time services to, in particular, Worcester Park, Ewell West and Bookham being far too inadequate relative to the number of passengers. A welcome addition to those of us using these routes for commuting etc.
Raynes Park is interesting, although I suppose it has the other routes call there which the others don’t.The 1739 and 1809 Guildford services skip Earlsfield, Raynes Park and Motspur Park which seems the most logical choice of stops to skip.
Raynes Park has a role as an interchange station e.g. Kingston to Epsom which takes forever on the bus!Raynes Park has the footfall and so would be well used. But I do appreciate it has other stops from other routes so it’s not as crucial.
I think the logic is that people can use other services to raynes park, and these extras allow the overcrowded epsom line to get some much needed extra capacityRaynes Park has the footfall and so would be well used. But I do appreciate it has other stops from other routes so it’s not as crucial.