I think the closure @Horizon22 was referring to is the usual non-disruptive possession taken overnight, between the last and first timetabled train.I think most people would agree with you that it should have been shown on the TfL live status page. Was the originally planned closure shown? And just its extension for an extra two hours omitted?
Separately, there was a planned reduction in frequency (2tph less HX from T5 and 2tph less XR from T4) due to there being a two-track railway on parts of the GWML to Paddington. This is commonplace on Sundays and was advertised at the usual timeframes; it was also shown on the TfL live status page as per the screenshot in my original post.
The issue here is that a non-disruptive possession was extended with almost no notice, such that the last train was considerably earlier than usual. This was not shown on the TfL live status page - despite being highly material as far as late-night arriving passengers were concerned.
But that's not quite what I said, is it? I was saying that having failed to advertise the closure through the normal channels, let alone before people would have left on their outward flights, it can't be considered to have been advertised "well in advance".However, you keep banging on about how they should have warned you before you left of a problem that only arose after you had left, which is clearly unrealistic.