• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stour valley upgrades suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

william.martin

On Moderation
Joined
18 Oct 2022
Messages
857
Location
Telford
This is a thread to talk about the current improvement project on the stour valley line and the route from w'hampton to crewe via Shrewsbury, here are some things I was intending on this group being about
1) Coventry to B'ham line improvements.
2) Station improvements on the stour valley line.
3)new trains entering service on the Stour valley line.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

The Planner

Veteran Member
Joined
15 Apr 2008
Messages
19,716
This is a thread to talk about the current improvement project on the stour valley line and the route from w'hampton to crewe via Shrewsbury, here are some things I was intending on this group being about
1) Coventry to B'ham line improvements.
2) Station improvements on the stour valley line.
3)new trains entering service on the Stour valley line.
1 is done by HS2. No one is going to do anything down there now.
 

william.martin

On Moderation
Joined
18 Oct 2022
Messages
857
Location
Telford
Yeah, apparently there shall still be a few track upgrades in the next few months ago mainly near Coventry

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Yeah, apparently there shall still be a few track upgrades in the next few months, mainly near Coventry
 
Last edited:

The Planner

Veteran Member
Joined
15 Apr 2008
Messages
19,716
Yeah, apparently there shall still be a few track upgrades in the next few months ago mainly near Coventry

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==
They are renewals, not upgrades. Don't fall for the spin that appears on social media.
 

william.martin

On Moderation
Joined
18 Oct 2022
Messages
857
Location
Telford
They are renewals, not upgrades. Don't fall for the spin that appears on social media.
It does annoy me when people think they know there stuff and post facts that are not necessarily true, I am just glad the Coventry station is completed aswell as the platform lengthening at Bilbrook and Oakengates (the later is my 2nd local station)so I shall be using it regularly .
 

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
6 Jun 2005
Messages
78,435
Location
Yorkshire
It does annoy me when people think they know there stuff and post facts that are not necessarily true...
Where did you read this? If you are referring to an external source, don't forget to include a hyperlink to, and quote from, the source please :)

Primary* sources are always best, as hearsay and secondary sources may not be reliable, and may be best not posted on the forum unless you are very confident that the source is very reliable.

(* For example Wikipedia isn't a primary source; Wikipedia requires its authors to cite their primary sources at the bottom of each article)
 

Bald Rick

Veteran Member
Joined
28 Sep 2010
Messages
35,897
This is a thread to talk about the current improvement project on the stour valley line and the route from w'hampton to crewe via Shrewsbury,

thete are no improvement projects on these corridors that I’m aware of, with the sole exception of New St resignalling which enables a quicker departure for some lines.

What improvements were you thinking of?
 

XAM2175

Established Member
Joined
8 Jun 2016
Messages
3,471
Location
Glasgow
Where did you read this? If you are referring to an external source, don't forget to include a hyperlink to, and quote from, the source please :)
I get the impression from the post they're replying to...
They are renewals, not upgrades. Don't fall for the spin that appears on social media.
... that it's more a case of william.martin mistaking renewals for upgrades.
 

william.martin

On Moderation
Joined
18 Oct 2022
Messages
857
Location
Telford
thete are no improvement projects on these corridors that I’m aware of, with the sole exception of New St resignalling which enables a quicker departure for some lines.

What improvements were you thinking of?
Mostly station work at Tipton and W'hampton as well as a few upgrades to facilities at Telford central and Oakengates, I also know of there being a temporary speed restriction on the approach into Sandwell and Dudley, though it might of been cleared now.
 

30907

Veteran Member
Joined
30 Sep 2012
Messages
21,972
Location
Airedale
Mostly station work at Tipton and W'hampton as well as a few upgrades to facilities at Telford central and Oakengates, I also know of there being a temporary speed restriction on the approach into Sandwell and Dudley, though it might of been cleared now.
So those (except the TSR) come under your point (2) station improvements
Some of us were confused because you suggested there were (1) line improvements as well.
 

william.martin

On Moderation
Joined
18 Oct 2022
Messages
857
Location
Telford
So those (except the TSR) come under your point (2) station improvements
Some of us were confused because you suggested there were (1) line improvements as well.
I appreciate that it might of been confusing, it it entirely my mistake due to my railway knowledge being more focused on spotting and the actual trains working these lines.
Therefore I admit that I was mentioning a topic that was out of date and I now intend to not use this thread anymore and letting it go into history, as I have bitten off more than I can swallow with my knowledge.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top