• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Storm Pia disruption - Thursday 21st December 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Egg Centric

Established Member
Joined
6 Oct 2018
Messages
2,912
Location
Land of the Prince Bishops
Suggest anyone stuck on Xmas Eve and truely without any other option posts here, there may be kind railforumers that would help out.

(This post should not be read as me volunteering to drivine someone from Penzance to Kirkwall with my floating car)
 

Howardh

Established Member
Joined
17 May 2011
Messages
9,799
I'm sick of bloody weather.

Thinking of emigrating to Pluto (yes, I still consider it a planet, couldn't care less who thinks

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Right now I just wish someone would turn the weather off, at least for a fortnight.

All these storms are caused by an over-warm Atlantic meaning the air holds more moisture and is more volatile. Could be like this for years.

Or for ever. Meaning our transport network has got to live with it, and overhead wires aren't the way forward if gales are to be commonplace. Worrying times..

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Suggest anyone stuck on Xmas Eve and truely without any other option posts here, there may be kind railforumers that would help out.

(This post should not be read as me volunteering to drivine someone from Penzance to Kirkwall with my floating car)
Not a bad suggestion. At worst users can pass on useful information, as in get information ahead of others and act accordingly (IE grab a coach ticket) but the last few days have shown how little info stranded pax get.
 
Last edited:

Egg Centric

Established Member
Joined
6 Oct 2018
Messages
2,912
Location
Land of the Prince Bishops
Not a bad suggestion. At worst users can pass on useful information, as in get information ahead of others and act accordingly (IE grab a coach ticket) but the last few days have shown how little info stranded pax get.

Indeed plus honestly if someone has a couple of hours to spare, why not drive someone somewhere? As I said I'd be mad to commit to anything because I simply cannot at this point as precise Xmas eve plans aren't set in stone and I have close family ranging from a 6 week old daughter to 95 year old grandmother I'll be with but if I can and it's relevant then I wouldn't mind giving more or less anyone non-stabby a lift for an hour or so. This is something I've done many times before - and also taken advantage of many times before (albeit people seem to be getting less generous in this respect these days which reminds me I need to do the trip report for the Hawick walk sometime!)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top