Howardh
Established Member
- Joined
- 17 May 2011
- Messages
- 9,796
Simon Calder (travel reporter) reports in the south people being asked to "work from home" tomorrow.
Doesn't actually say who has warned them!!
Sensible precautions or over-reacting? Possibly with the ground saturated from a very wet spell, flooding is as likely as stuff being blown on the lines, I'm certainly concerned about my plans and I'm in the north!
Storm Ciarán triggers travel chaos. Rail commuters in southern England warned: “Work from home on Thursday if you can. Avoid non-essential journeys.” Newhaven-Dieppe ferry suspended tonight for 24 hours. All trains in northern France cancelled on Thursday.
Doesn't actually say who has warned them!!
Sensible precautions or over-reacting? Possibly with the ground saturated from a very wet spell, flooding is as likely as stuff being blown on the lines, I'm certainly concerned about my plans and I'm in the north!