I’ve been through some old stuff, but I wasnt involved directly so it’s fairly scant info.
Platforms 10-13 were opened for EMT services only on 12 April 2004 (Easter Monday), as the ‘interim’ station.
Then in September 2004, platforms 8 & 9 were also opened, as this is when the Thameslink core was blocked for 35 weeks for the construction of the box for the low level station (But not for the fit out, that came later). I’m is also when the tunnels connecting the Thameslink box to the ECML were broken through, indeed the northbound one was bored at that time as it is close underneath the Thameslink tunnel and it was best to do with noo services running. Back to the interim station - it was only the north end of Platfroms 8, 9 & 10 that were open, with a temporary concourse behind the temporary buffer stops.
For the duration of the Thameslink core block, 12tph max operated by FCC (as was) into the new platforms upstairs, 8tph off peak. A lower level of service was operated from the south terminating at Kings Cross Thameslink, and of course some terminated at the okd bays at Blackfriars. Thameslink was an 8 car railway max back then.
When the block finished, at the May 2005 timetable change, IIRC the EMT services reverted to P10-13 for a while, before later moving to their current place on P 1-4.
What I’ve just realised is that it means the ‘new‘ St Pancras celebrates its 21st birthday of opening next month. How time flies.