anti-pacer
Established Member
Now I'm not a spotter but I know a lot of you are, so here's a question for you?
How safe do you feel when you're spotting? I don't mean from passing trains but from passengers, local chavs, or both.
The reason I ask is because I have watching a few YouTube videos of a Scottish lad filming at various locations. In one he was at the sparsely used Carstairs station in the dark, and in another video he was filming at up to midnight in Uddingston.
Given the unfair stigma and stupid p*** taking aimed at spotters by a minority of people, have you had any incidents? Also, having a camera or smartphone visible on a platform at a suburban station late at night could invite unwanted attention from people with the intention of robbing you. Has anyone suffered this?
How safe do you feel when you're spotting? I don't mean from passing trains but from passengers, local chavs, or both.
The reason I ask is because I have watching a few YouTube videos of a Scottish lad filming at various locations. In one he was at the sparsely used Carstairs station in the dark, and in another video he was filming at up to midnight in Uddingston.
Given the unfair stigma and stupid p*** taking aimed at spotters by a minority of people, have you had any incidents? Also, having a camera or smartphone visible on a platform at a suburban station late at night could invite unwanted attention from people with the intention of robbing you. Has anyone suffered this?