• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Split ticketing delay repay

mq90

Member
Joined
1 Oct 2025
Messages
68
Location
London Commuter Belt
Bought a St Albans City to Ipswich off peak day return from the forum website, it consisted of the following.

Off-Peak Day return from St Albans City to Manningtree.

Off-Peak Day Return from Manningtree to Ipswich.

The outward journey was delayed by 15 minutes after Manningtree. Shall I claim delay repay on the Manningtree to Ipswich portion from GA, or am I ok to include the St Albans City to Manningtree bit too?

The return journey was delayed by over an hour. I suppose I am ok to clain for both MNG-IPS and IPS-STA?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Joined
20 Oct 2014
Messages
113,721
Location
"Marston Vale mafia"
As it's one journey you claim for the whole thing based on the planned arrival time at the end destination. If the site doesn't have an option for multiple tickets just take one photo with them all on, add the costs up and use one of the ticket numbers.
 

saismee

Established Member
Joined
20 Oct 2023
Messages
1,746
Location
UK
Submit both claims separately (for each journey) and make sure to claim from the operator that caused the first delay.

Don't settle for less than what you are owed. They may reject it automatically due to claiming for outward and return.
 

em81

Member
Joined
26 May 2026
Messages
133
Location
Manchester
Don't settle for less than what you are owed. They may reject it automatically due to claiming for outward and return.
I've never experienced that. I have experienced one operator calculating my outbound journey at the advertised delay repay rate, and then deciding the return journey compensation can't be more than the return ticket value minus the compensation awarded for the outbound journey. I can't remember if that was CrossCountry or Avanti now.
 

Top