• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Split ticket validity on service that runs fast through intermediate station

LUL1970

Member
Joined
21 Jul 2014
Messages
98
Location
Birmingham
Good afternoon,

Today I travelled on a direct train from Plymouth to Birmingham New Street with tickets split at Tiverton Parkway, Bristol Parkway & Cheltenham Spa. The service was scheduled to stop at all of these stations but due to late running did not call at BPW & CNM. Was I correct to stay on the train to BHM or should I have alighted this train at Bristol Temple Meads for a later train that would call at these missed stations?
There was no problem on the train as no ticket checks took place between the affected stations but would appreciate guidance on what is the correct action in case of another incident in the future.

Thanks in advance.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MrJeeves

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Joined
28 Aug 2015
Messages
4,700
Location
Burgess Hill
If the train was scheduled to call, but did not due to disruption, I cannot see how any staff could object to using your original split tickets in this way.

I have never had an issue in these circumstances.

The new automatic ticket acceptance across most TOCs will cover this, with you not being needed to call at your split points at all if any of your trains are cancelled in a way that affects your ability to make your journey.
 

Top