• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Split ticket query

Status
Not open for further replies.

VItraveller

On Moderation
Joined
1 Oct 2022
Messages
196
Location
West Midlands
If I purchase a Coventry to Milton Keynes return with a split at rugby, and on my way back the train arrives into rugby 15 minutes late, but Coventry only 14 minutes late, would I be eligible for delay repay.
Or in other words, is delay repay calculated on the full journey or on the tickets held.
As it happens, I did leave at rugby but have no evidence to prove this.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jfollows

Established Member
Joined
26 Feb 2011
Messages
10,173
Location
Wilmslow
If I purchase a Coventry to Milton Keynes return with a split at rugby, and on my way back the train arrives into rugby 15 minutes late, but Coventry only 14 minutes late, would I be eligible for delay repay.
Or in other words, is delay repay calculated on the full journey or on the tickets held.
As it happens, I did leave at rugby but have no evidence to prove this.
Full journey, as in your final arrival time versus booked arrival time in the public timetable. In your case 14 minutes. Delay Repay is for a journey, not for a ticket.
If your return journey was to Rugby only, then you can claim against the 15 minutes delay to your return journey. You can use the unused part of your return ticket another time, within its validity or you can choose not to use it at all.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top