valentaman
Member
was just a request lol not expecting it! but if it is thats super! me and 4 others along with 66 regulars are booked on the 09.15!
Ahh...Looks like I got my engine types a bit muxed-ip! I'd always thought that VP185 was Paxmans' model number for the Valenta!No, EMTs entire fleet is VP185 except 43089 (for a limited period only!!!)
Damn...As luck would have it - Even though I travel London to Derby fairly regularly now - Thanks to my low income and the need to save wherever I can, I'm stuck with using Chiltern 168s from Marylebone via Birmingham MS...I can't afford to travel on EMTs normal fares! :cry:Last Valenta on EMT, with the only other passenger power cars with Valentas being with GC now. To think there's only 7 power cars with Valentas left in service, out of 197 built...:cry:
Froth over 089 is going to increase considerably up until December when she's due for a VP185!
Hmmm...HSTs can manage 136mph on notch IV without even breaking a sweat, so a Valenta on V must really be something special! I do hope that I get the chance to try 089 out whilst she's still got her thrash'ouse!The gen I heard was that notch 5 has been reinstated
Aye, I didn't even realise that it was this soon (I thought it was happening next month!how did the trip go? post your experiences! I hear that the 1015 was like a sardine can!
Did anyone get any photos? I just want to see how packed the train was! Was it so bad that EMT had to send a Meridian close behind to pick up all of the "normal" passengers because there was too much veg on the HST?![]()
Stuffin' eck...And I thought that Pendolinos were bad for overcrowding on Friday afternoons!Info when I got to St P at 3pm was that there were at leat 1,000 pax on that train![]()
On my train there was a barrier check AND the TM came through before Kettering!I bet the train manager didnt get through to do tickets![]()
After todays events (To say nothing of much higher usage of the Red Dot Day promo than EMT could've forseen) why can I see East Midlands Trains getting into the railtour business?I reckon there may be well over 1,000 at Chesterfield given the numbers reported at Corby.
Get another HST with a Valenta:PAfter todays events (To say nothing of much higher usage of the Red Dot Day promo than EMT could've forseen) why can I see East Midlands Trains getting into the railtour business?![]()
After todays events (To say nothing of much higher usage of the Red Dot Day promo than EMT could've forseen)
Yes, a reliable source indicates there will be a special ECS move from NL to Kettering for it![]()