• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Southeastern - when to follow up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

twey34

Member
Joined
25 Sep 2024
Messages
14
Location
london
Hi all,

I received the standard “intent to prosecute” letter from Southeastern, and responded wirh my “plea” for out of court settlement and sent with signed by. It was signed for and delivered on the 4th Nov.

When should I send a follow up email? I’m anxious to get this over with and settled as I will be hopefully moving away by January/end of this year (and thankfully will have to rarely use the awfully delayed and badly run SE services)

Thanks
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

30907

Veteran Member
Joined
30 Sep 2012
Messages
21,988
Location
Airedale
Hi all,

I received the standard “intent to prosecute” letter from Southeastern, and responded wirh my “plea” for out of court settlement and sent with signed by. It was signed for and delivered on the 4th Nov.

When should I send a follow up email? I’m anxious to get this over with and settled as I will be hopefully moving away by January/end of this year (and thankfully will have to rarely use the awfully delayed and badly run SE services)

Thanks
There doesn't seem to be a pattern as to how long SE take to reply, but I would give it a week or two longer.

I would also make sure that, when you move away, you set up a mail redirection service if the matter has not been resolved and/or notify SE of your new address.

Edit: I see you have asked someone who had waited nearly 3 months (and may or may not read your question). I wouldn't wait that long :)
 

signed

Established Member
Joined
13 May 2024
Messages
2,388
Location
ROI
Note that from post history here Southeastern seem to have a tendency to not read the letters recently, I would give it a week tops but make sure you follow up quick



== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Recently we've started to see some cases sent to court. Initial indications were they seemed to 'lose' some replies to initial letters and once contacted out of court settlements were offered.
 

twey34

Member
Joined
25 Sep 2024
Messages
14
Location
london
There doesn't seem to be a pattern as to how long SE take to reply, but I would give it a week or two longer.

I would also make sure that, when you move away, you set up a mail redirection service if the matter has not been resolved and/or notify SE of your new address.

Edit: I see you have asked someone who had waited nearly 3 months (and may or may not read your question). I wouldn't wait that long :)
Thanks so much for this advice. What would you suggest I follow up with them? An attachment of my initial letter? And should I reiterate my apologies and wishes to settle?
 

WesternLancer

Veteran Member
Joined
12 Apr 2019
Messages
15,354
Thanks so much for this advice. What would you suggest I follow up with them? An attachment of my initial letter? And should I reiterate my apologies and wishes to settle?
Just resend your original letter with a very short covering note asking if they can confirm they received it. Include all your contact details and ref number etc. keep it brief. Conclude with a one line ‘as you will appreciate I’m keen to resolve this matter without escalation to court’ type phrase if you want to reiterate that.

I’d say give them circa 4 weeks from the date they got your original reply.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top