• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

SLOA Pullmans to Ffestiniog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masbroughlad

Established Member
Joined
2 Mar 2011
Messages
1,847
Location
Midlands
I am hoping that I can find someone who can remember this train and even better, may have some pictures!

I am a bit sketchy about the exact date - some time in the early to mid-80s.

SLOA or FFestiniog Travel ran a series of pullman trains from around the country to Blaenau Ffestiniog.

At the time, the Pullman carriages had been taken out of use due to asbestos. First class mark 2d/es were used instead.

The train I went on originated at/picked up at Sheffield.

It was class 45 hauled throughout - even down the branch to BF. The train skidded up some of the inclines on the branch and was pushed by a class 25.

It was a really wet horrid day!

I wish I had taken more interest at the time - looking back it was quite an experience!

Can anyone help please? Any info at all gratefully received!:D
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

33056

Established Member
Joined
12 Nov 2007
Messages
2,424
Location
On a train somewhere in Europe
Your best bet is the Six Bells Junction site.

Without knowing the exact date or year, I would suggest clicking on "The Railtour Files" link, scroll down towards the bottom of that page and use the search box for Blaenau Ffestiniog or maybe Sheffield and Blaenau Ffestiniog (if that works) to narrow it down a bit.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top