• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Sleep during lockdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bantamzen

Established Member
Joined
4 Dec 2013
Messages
10,507
Location
Cheshire
The BBC have published this article on sleep disturbance during lockdown:


All of this will be impacting on people's long term health and wellbeing. I know my sleep patterns are getting more and more random, even though by & large my working from home patterns are pretty regular. And as the article says this could actually have a negative impact on people's ability to deal with any future infections, including covid.

If we don't start getting our lives back on track its not a second wave of covid we need to be worried about, but a tsunami of health problems right through society for years to come.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jamesrob637

Established Member
Joined
12 Aug 2016
Messages
6,080
Having been on furlough since mid-March, sleep has been a little out of sync for me at times. However, even if I've lost an hour or two's sleep one night, I do not nap during the day - if extra caffeine is needed before I go to sleep again the night, so be it.
 

Islineclear3_1

Established Member
Joined
24 Apr 2014
Messages
6,594
Location
PTSO or platform depending on the weather
Apart from the warm nights and early morning light (even with thick curtains that my wife likes to keep ajar), she seems to be having more nightmares, so I'm waking up at least 3-4 times every night. Fans are generally too noisy (even with ear plugs in). I had to ask wife to drive the 70 miles home today as I was in the early stages of falling asleep at the wheel. Guess I am sleep deprived...
 

Journeyman

Established Member
Joined
16 Apr 2014
Messages
6,295
My sleep has been dreadful for years. I've tried everything to improve it, and finally got a psychology referral from my doctor. I started sessions in late January and they were great, but were of course stopped when the lockdown started, and I'm back to square one.

2 or 3 hours a night if I'm lucky. :(
 

Bayum

Established Member
Joined
21 Mar 2008
Messages
3,298
Location
Leeds
To begin with, my sleep was amazing. Sleeping in until 10ish... However, since my other colleagues have returned to work, I’ve been waking up for or five times at minimum.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top