• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Short Eurostar connections - covered?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cuccir

Established Member
Joined
18 Nov 2009
Messages
3,695
Hello

I think the answer is going to be yes, but just to check: if I buy a through ticket from a British to a French station via Eurostar, am I covered to travel on a later Eurostar service in the event of delays on my UK train? My specific journey is Durham to Paris and I'm being given connection times of 47 minutes, which should be fine if all is on time (I've managed to get from the train at Kings Cross to the departure lounge at St Pancras in under 10 minutes before!) but clearly is open to disruption with just a slight delay.

Cheers!
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

deep south

Member
Joined
24 Jul 2012
Messages
87
Don't you need to have London International CIV (or something similar) on your UK ticket to ensure you get free rebooking? A "through" ticket, all booked at the same time, should give you that.

But, if it is a "standard" Durham > KX and then Eurostar, I don't think you will be covered...

I guess part of it comes down to who / how you buy the ticket.
 

cuccir

Established Member
Joined
18 Nov 2009
Messages
3,695
Yes, I'm booking it all as one ticket with Eurostar, so I think my UK ticket will be to London CIV
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top