Looking to plan a trip next summer from London to the Alps, travelling by Eurostar and TGV.
It seems that Eurostar tickets go on sale significantly earlier than TGV tickets, and if I wait for TGV tickets to become available, I will end up paying a significant premium for a through ticket as the Eurostar component of the journey will be much more expensive as it will be booked closer to the departure date.
Therefore it seems likely that booking separate tickets for Eurostar and TGV, each at the time tickets go on sale, will be cheaper.
However when booking separate tickets, is there any protection / rebooking available in the event of a missed connection due to a service delay? Or is this a case of relying on travel insurance to cover the cost of replacement tickets if needed?
It seems that Eurostar tickets go on sale significantly earlier than TGV tickets, and if I wait for TGV tickets to become available, I will end up paying a significant premium for a through ticket as the Eurostar component of the journey will be much more expensive as it will be booked closer to the departure date.
Therefore it seems likely that booking separate tickets for Eurostar and TGV, each at the time tickets go on sale, will be cheaper.
However when booking separate tickets, is there any protection / rebooking available in the event of a missed connection due to a service delay? Or is this a case of relying on travel insurance to cover the cost of replacement tickets if needed?