cjp
Member
Capitalism at its finest.
Profits first.
Don't think about it
Profits first.
Don't think about it
Indeed, and you forgot to mention the pressure on the drivers in some of these highly competitive delivery companies to get around as far and as fast as possible - to the detriment of road safety.To be fair those named are renowned for exploitative business practises that keep their costs rock bottom at the cost of staff welfare and wages.
I considered doing a few years back during a quiet Christmas, so I talked to a few drivers who worked for different companies.Indeed, and you forgot to mention the pressure on the drivers in some of these highly competitive delivery companies to get around as far and as fast as possible - to the detriment of road safety.
Many of them ended up working for nothing at the end of the day just to complete the days delivery schedule.
I suppose what I meant was I was told that if anything went wrong (traffic problems/difficulties finding addresses/signees/mistakes etc) that the day would get longer and longer but no extra money would be earned, in a job that didn't earn that much money anyway.How did that happen? Did they get fined for being late or something like that? Surely they'll get the same pay whether it takes them 5 hours or 15 unless there are some deductions for late deliveries?
Royal Mail shot themselves in the foot by not capitalising on the internet shopping market. They were too slow to recognise the potential, and have to be dragged kicking and screaming to modern needs such as parcel tracking, which other couriers introduced years earlier whilst RM just hung onto their special or recorded offerings which were from a different century in terms of cost and function!