• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

RMT strike at Chiltern 10th and 17th October

Haywain

Veteran Member
Joined
3 Feb 2013
Messages
24,781
I note that RMT guards at Chiltern Trains are striking on the above dates. I am interested to know what the impact on services between London and High Wycombe might be. Any information would be useful to assist planning. I'm due to be going to High Wycombe on 10th.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Joined
20 Oct 2014
Messages
113,705
Location
"Marston Vale mafia"
I'd have thought the impact on that specific journey would be low, as south of Banbury on DMU services is DOO.

From a quick look at Realtime Trains the majority of trains serving Wycombe on a Saturday are to Oxford or Aylesbury via Risborough with only 1tph being the Birmingham. These are both DOO throughout. There is a chance of short forming if they replace Mk5s with DMUs so guards aren't needed south of Banbury, though (or they might just pull their usual trick of deciding Aylesbury via Amersham isn't important and send those units onto the mainline instead to minimise that).
 

Top