• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Request for assistance regarding Super off peak transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amstbn

Member
Joined
26 Mar 2025
Messages
5
Location
Exeter
Hi there, i'm new here, i just found this forum. :)

I own a super-off-peak return (in 1 month) from Exeter St David to Heathrow Rail, outward with 01:07-04:03 GWR to reading, 04:35-05:13 from reading to Hayes & Harlington, and 05:23-05:39 Elizabeth line to Heathrow T2&3, in 07-APR-25 (Monday). I bought it from Trainline and it shown me this route. (I have a seat reservation certification for the first portion)
I am struggling with whether it is legal to the transferring train departs Reading after 04:29, as well as the Elizabeth Line that follows.
I also can't find some relative information on national-rail-restrictions.

Thank you very much for your response!
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

cool110

Member
Joined
12 Dec 2014
Messages
842
Location
Preston
The booked itinerary is always valid, even if there's a discrepancy between it and the text of the restrictions. As for what the restrictions are it depends on exactly which ticket you have, if it's via "Reading Not London" then restrictions at Reading only apply to the return journey
 

Amstbn

Member
Joined
26 Mar 2025
Messages
5
Location
Exeter
The booked itinerary is always valid, even if there's a discrepancy between it and the text of the restrictions. As for what the restrictions are it depends on exactly which ticket you have, if it's via "Reading Not London" then restrictions at Reading only apply to the return journey
Hi cool110, it only says 'valid only via Taunton'

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Could you post a redacted copy of the tickets and which day you expect to use them on?
Hi, Bletchleyite, i plan to traval from 01:07 07-APR-25 (Monday)
 

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
6 Jun 2005
Messages
78,451
Location
Yorkshire
Yes, it's perfectly valid.

You may want to consider booking with us in future; we do not charge a booking fee, and we also offer a seat selector (where available/applicable), and it also helps us to support the forum's running costs :)
 

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Joined
20 Oct 2014
Messages
113,721
Location
"Marston Vale mafia"
Hi, Bletchleyite, i plan to traval from 01:07 07-APR-25 (Monday)

And is the ticket dated 07-APR-25 (I expect it is)? If so you're totally fine - a railway day is 28.5 hours long, starting at midnight and ending at 0430 the following day. In terms of peak restrictions (and anything else, indeed!) if you have an itinerary issued it's valid.

The restriction by the way (XC, but nothing to do with CrossCountry) is thus:

  • Outward Travel; Not valid for travel on trains timed to depart after 04:29 and before the times shown from the following stations:
  • ...
  • 09:20 from Exeter St Davids;
  • ...

Reading is not mentioned, nor is Hayes, so you are not only fine in terms of the itinerary but this is completely legit.

 

Amstbn

Member
Joined
26 Mar 2025
Messages
5
Location
Exeter
And is the ticket dated 07-APR-25 (I expect it is)? If so you're totally fine - a railway day is 28.5 hours long, starting at midnight and ending at 0430 the following day. In terms of peak restrictions (and anything else, indeed!) if you have an itinerary issued it's valid.

The restriction by the way (XC, but nothing to do with CrossCountry) is thus:



Reading is not mentioned, nor is Hayes, so you are not only fine in terms of the itinerary but this is completely legit.

Hi, thank you for response! I also read this, so I'm not sure about Reading. Wish you a nice day :)
 

Amstbn

Member
Joined
26 Mar 2025
Messages
5
Location
Exeter
Same set of restrictions, the important part is that the stop at Taunton on the outward journey is before 04:29 (or after 09:50).
Hi, may I inquire for where to find this clause, because in theory, Taunton is just a passing point to distinguish between GWR or SW services.
 

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Joined
20 Oct 2014
Messages
113,721
Location
"Marston Vale mafia"
Hi, may I inquire for where to find this clause, because in theory, Taunton is just a passing point to distinguish between GWR or SW services.

Taunton is irrelevant. In that restriction code and itinerary the one thing that matters is the departure from Exeter St Davids.
 

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
6 Jun 2005
Messages
78,451
Location
Yorkshire
Calling or passing points have no relevance for time restrictions.
 

Amstbn

Member
Joined
26 Mar 2025
Messages
5
Location
Exeter
Yes, it's perfectly valid.

You may want to consider booking with us in future; we do not charge a booking fee, and we also offer a seat selector (where available/applicable), and it also helps us to support the forum's running costs :)
Hi Yorkie, thank you, I will have a try if I have any future needs :)

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Taunton is irrelevant. In that restriction code and itinerary the one thing that matters is the departure from Exeter St Davids.
Yeh I think so.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top