• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

rejected delay repay claim. how to proceed

Status
Not open for further replies.

hi2u_uk

Member
Joined
26 Apr 2014
Messages
255
I tried to claim a delay repay for a trip from crawley to london bridge however it was rejected on the basis that the train didnt exist. I think that my mistake is that i put it through on the southern trains website instead of the thameslink one. I now do not have a the ticket so i cant resubmit the claim on the thameslink website. Can you advise on the best way to proceed. I thought that southern and thameslink were the same company
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
6 Jun 2005
Messages
78,488
Location
Yorkshire
Yes both route brands are operated by the Govia Thameslink train operating company.

GTR, Northern Rail and other companies frequently seem to reject valid claims, but I am not sure what to suggest other than chase them up. If they continue to refuse, you can refer the matter to the Rail Ombudsman, but the amount is unlikely to be worth chasing.
 

bubieyehyeh

Member
Joined
25 Feb 2016
Messages
380
I regularly get Southern rejecting valid delay repay claims with train didn't exist.
The lack of care is annoying but normally resolved when I resubmit, and explain the journey.
Though I once had one rejected three times, but was resolved when I emailed a complaint.
 

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
4 Feb 2010
Messages
24,469
I tried to claim a delay repay for a trip from crawley to london bridge however it was rejected on the basis that the train didnt exist. I think that my mistake is that i put it through on the southern trains website instead of the thameslink one. I now do not have a the ticket so i cant resubmit the claim on the thameslink website. Can you advise on the best way to proceed. I thought that southern and thameslink were the same company
Did you have a reference and what was the journey you claimed for?
 

js1000

Member
Joined
14 Jun 2014
Messages
1,023
What type of compensation have you claimed for?

I tend to find TOCs hate paying out monetary refunds due to the risk of fraud. They'll be more wary of paying out if they suspect someone has claimed for a journey they didn't make.

However they're not very fussed about free tickets and National Rail vouchers and will generally give the benefit of the doubt and pay out quicker.
 

gray1404

Established Member
Joined
3 Mar 2014
Messages
7,656
Location
Merseyside
Resubmit the claim, on either of their TL or SN branded sites. Quote your original ref no and give a brief explanation why they first decision was wrong. They could be able to see your ticket from first attempt when you submit reference number.
 

hi2u_uk

Member
Joined
26 Apr 2014
Messages
255
I sent them an email. i dont really have any extra information to give them. I told them the departure time and sent a copy of my ticket
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top