• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Realised I'd been doing Waterloo to St. Pancras wrong for years...

NCT

Established Member
Joined
18 Apr 2025
Messages
2,301
Location
London
I think I waited about 6 and 4 minutes for the Bakerloo and Victora services respectively, I don't know if that's much longer than usual. It's also a few minutes longer to the high level EMR platforms partly due to the two escalators nearest the EMR platforms being down only.
But I was also really put off by the extreme overcrowding and heat on the underground, it reminded me why I try to avoid it. It was a real struggle to get on at all and to get off at my stops.

Sounds like you used the northern end of the Vic line?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

duffield

Established Member
Joined
31 Jul 2013
Messages
3,295
Location
East Midlands
Sounds like you used the northern end of the Vic line?
Not sure which bit you mean by "the Northern end", but the bit I used was all in zone 1. As per previous posts, the route was Waterloo to Oxford Circus on the Bakerloo line, then Oxford Circus to Kings Cross St. Pancras on the Victoria line.
 

NCT

Established Member
Joined
18 Apr 2025
Messages
2,301
Location
London
Not sure which bit you mean by "the Northern end", but the bit I used was all in zone 1. As per previous posts, the route was Waterloo to Oxford Circus on the Bakerloo line, then Oxford Circus to Kings Cross St. Pancras on the Victoria line.
Were you at the front of the train (the northern end when travelling northbound)?
 

duffield

Established Member
Joined
31 Jul 2013
Messages
3,295
Location
East Midlands
Were you at the front of the train (the northern end when travelling northbound)?
Right, the northern end of the train, not the route!

I really can't remember, it was so overcrowded and stressful at Oxford circus and waves of people kept coming onto the platform so I was pretty much forced along the platform to where it was slightly less awful, possibly ended up at the back of the train.
 

Top