• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

RDG planning 'Barcode 2.0' ticketing with cross-London support (+ ITSO on mobile)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Joined
20 Oct 2014
Messages
113,762
Location
"Marston Vale mafia"
I've got auto-rotate disabled on my phone, but in general if it's possible to add the ticket to my wallet without having to install an app I will. LNER's website is particularly handy since I can just download to Google wallet on the big computer while I'm doing the booking, and it's there ready on the phone.

Possibly a stupid question, but can you add NFC-based travel tickets to wallet apps?

You can add NFC based gig tickets so I'd be surprised if you couldn't.

I think there is at least one retailer that has the add to wallet links in the confirmation email. Might be Trainsplit/the Forum one. But why not install the app when it'll make things easier for you? Stubbornly not doing so making your life harder as a result is, as my Mum likes to say, biting off your nose to spite your face. I don't think the Trainsplit app is that great but it does give you a quicker way to add already purchased tickets to the wallet without faffing with emails.
 

takno

Verified Rep - Traksy
Joined
9 Jul 2016
Messages
6,601
You can add NFC based gig tickets so I'd be surprised if you couldn't.

I think there is at least one retailer that has the add to wallet links in the confirmation email. Might be Trainsplit/the Forum one. But why not install the app when it'll make things easier for you? Stubbornly not doing so making your life harder as a result is, as my Mum likes to say, biting off your nose to spite your face. I don't think the Trainsplit app is that great but it does give you a quicker way to add already purchased tickets to the wallet without faffing with emails.
I don't like apps in general and rarely find them easier. I don't keep my life on my phone generally because sticking everything in one easily lost or stolen package strikes me as asking for trouble.

I'm not being even remotely stubborn, have no issues with adding train tickets to my wallet as outlined in the post you replied to, and have my own mother to offer up silly platitudes.
 

Adam Williams

Established Member
Joined
2 Jan 2018
Messages
3,611
Location
Warks
I don't think the Trainsplit app is that great
Worth giving it another go if it's been a little while since you last used it in anger. It's significantly less terrible than what was initially delivered by the agency that first worked on it.
 

saismee

Established Member
Joined
20 Oct 2023
Messages
1,750
Location
UK
I use a generic TOC Trainline app to book simple tickets and the forum site to book TOD tickets for anything more complex. Not really possible if your journey benefits from splits, but its an option if your commute is short.
 

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Joined
20 Oct 2014
Messages
113,762
Location
"Marston Vale mafia"
Breaking my heart

I will have a play again given the suggestion above that it has been improved, but (irritating adverts aside) I don't find any app has a quality of UI design even close to approaching "full fat" Trainline, hence why I use it for on the day purchases (no fee). Match that and I'll switch to it being the default, but most apps have a very long way to go to do that.
 

saismee

Established Member
Joined
20 Oct 2023
Messages
1,750
Location
UK
I don't find any app has a quality of UI design even close to approaching "full fat" Trainline
Such as the tickets jumping up/down due to it attempting to display an ad at the top of the tickets list? This bothers me more than it should, Trainline definitely has the best UI/UX of any ticketing app I've seen.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top