• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Rail Times App

Status
Not open for further replies.

averagetrains

New Member
Joined
8 Feb 2024
Messages
2
Location
Croydon
Hello, I am new here.

I'm new to trainspotting and have been hoping to catch a few older models.

I was wondering if there's an app that I can use to check live trains and maybe even freight trains.

Thanks.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

YorkRailFan

Established Member
Joined
6 Sep 2023
Messages
3,410
Location
York
RealTime Trains is a great site which shows paths, rolling stock and real time information. I would also recommend OpenTrain Times which shows location of trains on the map feature as well.
 

800Travel

Member
Joined
3 Nov 2023
Messages
658
Location
UK
Hello, I am new here.

I'm new to trainspotting and have been hoping to catch a few older models.

I was wondering if there's an app that I can use to check live trains and maybe even freight trains.

Thanks.
Real Time Trains is good

 

averagetrains

New Member
Joined
8 Feb 2024
Messages
2
Location
Croydon
Ok, so I went on Traksy but this map is confusing and I'm not to sure what it means, can anyone help?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3310.jpg
    IMG_3310.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 58

CarrotPie

On Moderation
Joined
18 Mar 2021
Messages
1,128
Location
‎
Ok, so I went on Traksy but this map is confusing and I'm not to sure what it means, can anyone help?
It's a signalling diagram. It's not in any way geographical, but it shows signals, some signal aspects, routes that have been set and, crucially, different trains (those four-digit numbers) in relation to one another. For a less-clumsy explanation, take a look at the OpenTrainTimes help page.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top