• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Rail replacement buses mini buses or taxis for sudden cancelled T.P.E. services

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave S 56F

Member
Joined
23 Jun 2020
Messages
236
Location
Cleckheaton west yorkshire
Hi I was just wanting to query this question about T.P.E. sudden cancellations like the early morning ex York man Airport trains I know that from Huddersfield sometimes T.P.E have provided mini buses or coaches like the 03:55am Huddersfield to man airport via man picc sometimes coaches and currently due to engineering wks in the staleybridge area replacement buses replace the Huddersfield mancheser picc stopper but Is this the case in early morning situations if people and nightclub revellers need to get either to York leeds Huddersfield and Manchester and maybe passengers wanting to travel to man airport to overseas destinations are T.P.E. not obliged to do this all the time due to sudden train cancellations? or just simply make commuters passengers find alternative transport such as taxis a later train or the 184 first bus. as other possibilities of transport?
David 56F
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

30907

Veteran Member
Joined
30 Sep 2012
Messages
21,988
Location
Airedale
Not quite sure what you are asking but from another thread some time ago TPE do (aim to) arrange alternative transport for planned short notice cancellations.
 

Dave S 56F

Member
Joined
23 Jun 2020
Messages
236
Location
Cleckheaton west yorkshire
Yes I'm asking basically that exact question the reason being is I'm supposed to be travelling on what would have been the 03:55 ex huddersfield man airport via man picc which is where I'm off but it departs from brighouse due to the T.P.E. rail upgrade in stalybridge. But now cancelled I rang T.P.E To check for a replacement bus or taxi they said 02:30am or 03:30am from Huddersfield is this correct or do I have to find my own way across at my own cost by taxi? Is what I'm asking. P.S. have you the link to the thread please 30907?
Not quite sure what you are asking but from another thread some time ago TPE do (aim to) arrange alternative transport for planned short notice cancellations.
 

skyhigh

Established Member
Joined
14 Sep 2014
Messages
6,901
I'm supposed to be travelling on what would have been the 03:55 ex huddersfield man airport via man picc which is where I'm off
Is this tomorrow morning? If so, I can see the following is booked:

1 x 16 seaters 0138 YRK-LDS-HUD-MAN-MIA
1 x 4 seater 0138 YRK-MIA
1 x 16 seaters 0235 LDS-HUD-MAN-MIA
1 x 16 seater and 2 x taxi 0235 LDS-MIA
1 x 16 seater 0300 HUD-MAN-MIA
1 x 16 seaters 0235 YRK-LDS-HUD-MAN-MIA
1 x 16 seater 0235 YRK-MIA
1 x 16 seaters 0332 LDS-HUD-MAN-MIA
1 x 16 seater 0332 LDS-MIA
1 x 16 seater 0357 HUD-MAN-MIA
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top