So, not a dispute (yet), but looking for advice.
Situation: I was going to go through to Glasgow to meet a friend for lunch. Using the return portion of an off peak ticket. My friend messaged me around 7:45 to tell me that all trains were cancelled between Dundee and Perth due to a lineside fire. Checked NRE and yes, they were showing as cancelled until noon.
So, cancelled plans and didn't travel.
Turns out the line re-opened early and the train I had planned to get actually ran.
Questions: Does the 'refund if your train is cancelled' provision of the NRCoT apply to the return portion of tickets? If so, would I be due half the value or the difference between return and single? And does the fact that the train actually ran factor into it?
Thanks.
Situation: I was going to go through to Glasgow to meet a friend for lunch. Using the return portion of an off peak ticket. My friend messaged me around 7:45 to tell me that all trains were cancelled between Dundee and Perth due to a lineside fire. Checked NRE and yes, they were showing as cancelled until noon.
So, cancelled plans and didn't travel.
Turns out the line re-opened early and the train I had planned to get actually ran.
Questions: Does the 'refund if your train is cancelled' provision of the NRCoT apply to the return portion of tickets? If so, would I be due half the value or the difference between return and single? And does the fact that the train actually ran factor into it?
Thanks.