• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Prosecution letter for a railcard expiration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Titfield

Established Member
Joined
26 Jun 2013
Messages
3,245
How about the court how do I reply them

GTR should now withdraw the case. You should ask them (GTR) for confirmation they have withdrawn the case (obviously once you have made the payment).

You could subsequently check with the court that the case has been withdrawn but nb it may take a few days for the admin to catch up.
 

WesternLancer

Veteran Member
Joined
12 Apr 2019
Messages
15,313
That is an out of court settlement.

Pay the sum stated and the matter is then closed.

Keep copies of the correspondence and the payment.

EDIT

GTR should then withdraw the case but you should email and ask them for confirmation the case has been withdrawn (obviously after you have made the payment).
@Gold - do exactly this as Titfield advises and keep proof of payment ke3ep al this long term - over a year

Then reply to GTR asking them to confirm in writing / by e-mail etc they are withdrawing the prosecution.

Then send that confirmation to the address on the court paperwork to say that you believe the case had been withdrawn and can the court confirm this is the case (if it gets near the court date maybe try to ring the court to check it)

If GTR do not reply to confirm this quickly enough then you could write to the court enclosing a copy of your settlement offer letter ( the one you have uploaded,) along with your proof of payment to advise the court you believe the case should have been withdrawn and can the court confirm this - ie avoid the court thinking you are ignoring their paperwork in the event of GTR failing to tell the court - which they probably will have done but you can't be 100% sure if you have not seen any proof that they have withdrawn the case as it were.

The last thing you want after all this is some admin cock up that means the court then just automatically prosecute you and find you guilty because untangling all that will be a load of hassle.
 

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Joined
27 Apr 2011
Messages
18,153
Just a reminder to keep discussion to one case per thread, to avoid confusion.

Thanks.
 

WesternLancer

Veteran Member
Joined
12 Apr 2019
Messages
15,313
Thanks a lot everyone
I’m still waiting to hear from GTR
When did you write back to them? Did you get a proof of delivery?

I assume this is still waiting for a written confirmation that they have in fact withdrawn the court action?

I suspect you could possibly write to the court and also ask them that question - ie has a case against you from GTR been withdrawn that they know of - use any and all ref numbers that you have when you ask them along with your full name, address and date of birth to help them easily search their records
 
Last edited:

Gold

Member
Joined
11 Sep 2025
Messages
20
Location
bedford
Hi
I got a reply
I saw it yesterday
Do I still need to write to the court
 

Attachments

  • IMG_8115.jpeg
    IMG_8115.jpeg
    527 KB · Views: 104

WesternLancer

Veteran Member
Joined
12 Apr 2019
Messages
15,313
Hi
I got a reply
I saw it yesterday
Do I still need to write to the court
Do what is advised in post 33 above.

It’s important to be confident that what you have been told by the railway company has been conveyed to the court and the court know this. Enclose a copy of that letter from the railway when you write to the court.
 
Last edited:

Gold

Member
Joined
11 Sep 2025
Messages
20
Location
bedford
Thanks a lot

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Hi
I’ve been sick
I’ve not been able to write to the court


This is a letter I drafted please advise :


Dear Honorable Judge/Court Clerk,



Acceptance of Out-of-Court Settlement



I am writing to inform the court that the prosecution office of GTR and I have reached a mutually acceptable out-of-court settlement. GTR and I have agreed to the terms of the settlement, and we have finalised the agreement.



I kindly request that the court take note of this settlement and consider the matter resolved. I will submit the necessary documentation, including the settlement agreement, for the court's records if required.



Thank you for your attention to this matter.
 
Last edited:

MotCO

Established Member
Joined
25 Aug 2014
Messages
6,128
I maybe old-fashioned, but I always capitalise Court to recognise its status - it's not like a tennis court for example.

Also, do you want to refer to the date when you agreed the out of Court settlement to give some context? Should you also add that you expect GTR to withdraw the case and you are seeking confirmation that the Court has received a communication from them to that effect? In essence, GTR, since they brought the case, should be the party to inform the Court, and you are just ensuring that the Court has been informed.
 

WesternLancer

Veteran Member
Joined
12 Apr 2019
Messages
15,313
I maybe old-fashioned, but I always capitalise Court to recognise its status - it's not like a tennis court for example.

Also, do you want to refer to the date when you agreed the out of Court settlement to give some context? Should you also add that you expect GTR to withdraw the case and you are seeking confirmation that the Court has received a communication from them to that effect? In essence, GTR, since they brought the case, should be the party to inform the Court, and you are just ensuring that the Court has been informed.
I do agree with this advice
 

Gold

Member
Joined
11 Sep 2025
Messages
20
Location
bedford
Thanks a lot

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Please advise

Dear Honorable Judge/Court Clerk,



Acceptance of Out-of-Court Settlement



I am writing to inform the Court that the prosecution office of GTR and I have reached a mutually acceptable out-of-Court settlement. GTR and I have agreed to the terms of the settlement, and we have finalised the agreement. This agreement was accepted on the 16th of September and on the 30th of September they wrote back to me, a confirmation that they will withdraw the case.

I expect GTR to withdraw the case and I am seeking a confirmation that it has been received by the Court.



I kindly request that the Court take note of this settlement and consider the matter resolved. I will submit the necessary documentation, including the settlement agreement, for the Court's records if required.



Thank you for your attention to this matter.
 
Last edited:

WesternLancer

Veteran Member
Joined
12 Apr 2019
Messages
15,313
Thanks a lot

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Please advise

Dear Honorable Judge/Court Clerk,



Acceptance of Out-of-Court Settlement



I am writing to inform the Court that the prosecution office of GTR and I have reached a mutually acceptable out-of-Court settlement. GTR and I have agreed to the terms of the settlement, and we have finalised the agreement. This agreement was accepted on the 16th of September and on the 30th of September they wrote back to me, a confirmation that they will withdraw the case.

I expect GTR to withdraw the case and I am seeking a confirmation that it has been received by the Court.



I kindly request that the Court take note of this settlement and consider the matter resolved. I will submit the necessary documentation, including the settlement agreement, for the Court's records if required.



Thank you for your attention to this matter.
well I would suggest you enclose the letter from GTR that says all this (the correspondence or e-mail that you are referring to) with what you send to the court - don't make life more difficult for them to have to write back and ask you for it before you do anything - send it with this letter so they can see it immediately

I would change the end bit

from :

I kindly request that the Court take note of this settlement and consider the matter resolved. I will submit the necessary documentation, including the settlement agreement, for the Court's records if required.

to

I kindly request that the Court take note of this enclosed copy of the message from GTR stating this. I would be grateful if you could confirm that the case has indeed been withdrawn as far as the court is concerned. If you need any thing further from me about this please let me know.

Thank you for your help.
 

Titfield

Established Member
Joined
26 Jun 2013
Messages
3,245
Thanks a lot

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Please advise

Dear Honorable Judge/Court Clerk,



Acceptance of Out-of-Court Settlement



I am writing to inform the Court that the prosecution office of GTR and I have reached a mutually acceptable out-of-Court settlement. GTR and I have agreed to the terms of the settlement, and we have finalised the agreement. This agreement was accepted on the 16th of September and on the 30th of September they wrote back to me, a confirmation that they will withdraw the case.

I expect GTR to withdraw the case and I am seeking a confirmation that it has been received by the Court.



I kindly request that the Court take note of this settlement and consider the matter resolved. I will submit the necessary documentation, including the settlement agreement, for the Court's records if required.



Thank you for your attention to this matter.
Add the case reference numbers and the names of the parties involved at the top of the letter.

Make the work of the admin staff as easy as possible otherwise it may go to the bottom of the to do pile to your detriment.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top