• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Problem with Rover Date Boxes

Status
Not open for further replies.

FQ

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Joined
4 Oct 2013
Messages
6,645
Location
-
Treatment of rovers has varied significantly in my experience. Sometimes there wasn't a "rover" option in the form, and so I had to select "other". This has then led to it sometimes being treated as a return ticket!
I recently had to claim for a rover delay with LNER, who don't have the rover option. I decided that it wasn't worth wasting my time sending an email, having already filled out the form, so just ticked season ticket instead because it seemed to fit an 8 in 15 rover better than the other options. No questions asked and I had an RTV arrive not long after sending the claim in (although I can't for the life of me work out how they calculated the compensation).
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

_toommm_

Established Member
Joined
8 Jul 2017
Messages
6,306
Location
South West London
I recently had to claim for a rover delay with LNER, who don't have the rover option. I decided that it wasn't worth wasting my time sending an email, having already filled out the form, so just ticked season ticket instead because it seemed to fit an 8 in 15 rover better than the other options. No questions asked and I had an RTV arrive not long after sending the claim in (although I can't for the life of me work out how they calculated the compensation).

What journey did you take, which 8 in 15 rover did you use, and how long were you delayed?
 

FQ

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Joined
4 Oct 2013
Messages
6,645
Location
-
What journey did you take, which 8 in 15 rover did you use, and how long were you delayed?
Haymarket-Perth, Spirit of Scotland with railcard discount (£107.50) and 31 minutes.
 

FQ

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Joined
4 Oct 2013
Messages
6,645
Location
-
And how much did you receive?
£5.40. I also put a claim in with Scotrail for a half hour delay and got £3.36 back, which makes much more sense (107.5/8/4)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top