• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Possible destinations for Northern free tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merseysider

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Joined
22 Jan 2014
Messages
5,628
Location
Birmingham
I've gotten a few Northern comp singles to anywhere on their network. Travelling from Liverpool; can anyone please suggest towns/cities worth a visit? Even better if there's a TPE service (Advance tickets) available to make the return journey but if necessary I can use one comp ticket each way. Journey time is no object providing it can be reached by early afternoon. :)

So far I've visited York, Leeds, Bradford, Lincoln, Sheff & Notts and I'm already considering a trip to Hull & Scarborough.

I'd like to get my money's worth out of these tickets, so can anyone please recommend somewhere worth a visit that's not in the immediate vicinity of Liverpool/Manchester? Anything like museums/art galleries/zoos/war memorials/ NatGeo walking routes/anything remotely different from the ordinary counts.

Cheers!
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Kite159

Veteran Member
Joined
27 Jan 2014
Messages
22,822
Location
West of Andover
If you have two single tickets then try:
Liverpool - Preston - Barrow - Carlisle

Then

Carlisle - Leeds - Manchester - Liverpool

Once the S&C has reopened, you should be able to do it in one day
 

507021

Established Member
Joined
19 Feb 2015
Messages
4,759
Location
Chester
Skipton is a lovely place, I've been there a few times now.
 

Gathursty

Established Member
Joined
31 May 2011
Messages
2,651
Location
Wigan
Saturday only:
Liverpool - Manchester - Leeds - Selby - Hessle
walk to
Barton-Upon-Humber - Cleethorpes - Sheffield - Manchester - Liverpool

With a later start, you could get to Gilberdyke - Goole - Knottingley for that parly service too.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top