• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Planning Another All Line Rover (September)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterY

Established Member
Joined
2 Apr 2013
Messages
1,363
I'm in process of working out a plan for another ALR. Trying to bash as many new lines as possible.

Not being local to the these area's realistically how long would it take walk between the following stations?
Helensburgh Upper to Helensburgh Central.
Bradford Forster Square and Bradford Interchange.

I'm also looking at doing some Welsh Valleys. I know you can go from one station, by bus at the top of one of the Valley stations to another. Any suggestions?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ash39

Established Member
Joined
8 Feb 2012
Messages
1,525
I've done both of those walks, looking at 15 mins tops for both of them. Definitely do Helensburgh Upper to Central rather than the other way round, as it's quite a steep hill.

Can't help with the valleys query but I think if line coverage is your main aim then using buses to hop between temini as you suggest is the way to go. Good luck
 

Segedunum

Established Member
Associate Staff
International Transport
Joined
22 Dec 2013
Messages
4,758
Location
Up North
I'm in process of working out a plan for another ALR. Trying to bash as many new lines as possible.

Not being local to the these area's realistically how long would it take walk between the following stations?
Helensburgh Upper to Helensburgh Central.
Bradford Forster Square and Bradford Interchange.

I'm also looking at doing some Welsh Valleys. I know you can go from one station, by bus at the top of one of the Valley stations to another. Any suggestions?

I've done Rhymney to Merthyr Tydfil as a bus and IIRC it was £3.10 between them. It's the Number 3, runs at xx03 from Rhymney and xx17 from Merthyr from 0803 to 1803 and 0717 to 1717 Monday to Saturdays. Journey time meant to be about 31 minutes though mine was late and I recall sprinting through Merthyr to make a train :lol:
 

PeterY

Established Member
Joined
2 Apr 2013
Messages
1,363
Thank you for your advice which is very helpful in planning.
 

BlueFox

Member
Joined
20 May 2013
Messages
764
Location
Carlisle
Helensburgh Upper to Helensburgh Central.
Bradford Forster Square and Bradford Interchange.

I walked Helensburgh Upper to Central for the first time last week. It took about 10 minutes, but as ash39 mentioned, it's quite a steep hill, so add a few minutes if you're going in the other direction.

The last time I was in Bradford there was a free city centre bus that linked the two stations. That was a few years ago though, so I'm not sure if it still runs.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top