• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Photocard number not corresponding with annual ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tibbs

Member
Joined
22 Aug 2012
Messages
894
Location
London
loss of earnings

I was just thinking specifically about the fine & costs, etc. but you could certainly claim loss of earnings, plus your time at the court mandated £18ph dealing with the matter, though not usually the prep time for the actual court case. I'm not sure if you could claim your time in the original case as well.

It's always a nice one to see the Private Parking Companies fork out for your parking as well! :lol:
 
Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

island

Veteran Member
Joined
30 Dec 2010
Messages
17,913
Location
0036
Guys, there's a whole herd of horses here with carts in front of them.

Right now, unless I'm mistaken, the TOC's position is that it is trying to get to the bottom of what happened. No prosecution has been issued. Talk of suing for some unspecified tort or breach of contract seems wholly premature to me.
 

jon0844

Veteran Member
Joined
1 Feb 2009
Messages
30,937
Location
UK
When I've had replacement season tickets, the person has always just typed the photo card ID number in. Once they got this wrong (two digits transposed) and it was fun having to go through the process all over. Another time they printed it upside down (the whole railcard, not the number), but that's another story.

However, if you'd ordered the season online or perhaps gone to a different station, I always thought that when doing a replacement it would make more sense to use the details on file. In which case there might be the chance of the photocard ID being incorrectly entered, or mixed up with another one. I wonder how it's processed in the back office? A clever database system or a huge Excel spreadsheet or something silly!

If the OP is telling the truth, I'd hope that it can easily be sorted out and therefore agree with the comments about not bothering to talk about suing and compensation just yet.
 

34D

Established Member
Joined
9 Feb 2011
Messages
6,048
Location
Yorkshire
Guys, there's a whole herd of horses here with carts in front of them.

Right now, unless I'm mistaken, the TOC's position is that it is trying to get to the bottom of what happened. No prosecution has been issued. Talk of suing for some unspecified tort or breach of contract seems wholly premature to me.

Seconded
 

hairyhandedfool

Established Member
Joined
14 Apr 2008
Messages
8,837
....However, if you'd ordered the season online or perhaps gone to a different station, I always thought that when doing a replacement it would make more sense to use the details on file. In which case there might be the chance of the photocard ID being incorrectly entered, or mixed up with another one. I wonder how it's processed in the back office? A clever database system or a huge Excel spreadsheet or something silly!....

Each company has it's own database, however I am not certain if it is the same database for online and 'at station' tickets or not (it may vary by company). A season ticket issued by TTL would not show up on the FCC database.
 

pamplemousse

Member
Joined
4 May 2014
Messages
7
Hi all,

Thank you all for your input on this. I spoke with someone at FCC prosecutions today who has said that there will be no further action with the case. I'm obviously very relieved that they've been able to see that it must have all arisen from a mistake.

I will be very diligent about making sure what I am allocated in the future is correct though, at least the whole experience has taught me that!

Thanks again everyone, I was very grateful to find this forum as a place to get objective and informed advice.
 

Clip

Established Member
Joined
28 Jun 2010
Messages
10,821
Good to hear and not surprised by the outcome really.

And yes, in future, always check what you are sold/exchanged before you leave. Surprised so many people dont do this now even with store recipets.
 

87 027

Member
Joined
1 Sep 2010
Messages
735
Location
London
TOC makes innocent mistake - customer shows discretion and doesn't press for penalties! (Puts tin hat on and hides behind parapet :))
 

jon0844

Veteran Member
Joined
1 Feb 2009
Messages
30,937
Location
UK
Out of interest, did FCC say if it had discovered an error at its end or just say they weren't proceeding with any action?
 

pamplemousse

Member
Joined
4 May 2014
Messages
7
No they just told me that they had decided not to take any further action, they didn't say why at all.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top