PeterY
Established Member
- Joined
- 2 Apr 2013
- Messages
- 1,363
I'm getting rather hooked on Rovers and Rangers, now that I got my Senior Rail card discount. My old Network Card was very restrictive.
Today (19th May) I treated myself to a West Midlands day ranger. Hemel Hempstead to Northampton where the Ranger kicked in. Northampton, Coventry, Leamington Spa, Dorridge, Stratford-upon-Avon, Stourbridge Jct via Henley-in-Arden. Stourbridge Jct to Stourbridge Town and return. I returned back to Moor street and walked across to New Street, Nuneaton and back to Coventry, then home.
For me, lots of new lines bashed.
Rail miles with Rover 182 total for the day 264.
Value wise, (Senior card prices) West Midlands Ranger at £17.50 is a lot more expensive than a Anglia Plus day ranger at £12.50. nonetheless still good value for both tickets.
New class traveled on 139.
Next plan is a Lincolnshire day ranger but I know I'll have to do that,one Saturday before the end of June.
Today (19th May) I treated myself to a West Midlands day ranger. Hemel Hempstead to Northampton where the Ranger kicked in. Northampton, Coventry, Leamington Spa, Dorridge, Stratford-upon-Avon, Stourbridge Jct via Henley-in-Arden. Stourbridge Jct to Stourbridge Town and return. I returned back to Moor street and walked across to New Street, Nuneaton and back to Coventry, then home.
For me, lots of new lines bashed.
Rail miles with Rover 182 total for the day 264.
Value wise, (Senior card prices) West Midlands Ranger at £17.50 is a lot more expensive than a Anglia Plus day ranger at £12.50. nonetheless still good value for both tickets.
New class traveled on 139.
Next plan is a Lincolnshire day ranger but I know I'll have to do that,one Saturday before the end of June.
