PeterY
Established Member
- Joined
- 2 Apr 2013
- Messages
- 1,363
After my first ALR experience, which I enjoyed, I've now given a great deal of thought to my second one which will be the first two weeks in September. I've planned it, to meet friends and hopefully stay with them and to travel as many new lines as possible.
I'll only listed the basic plan, which like most things in life, it is liable to change. (Engineering work, strikes and family) I've already booked 3 nights at Premier Inns and 2 nights in B&B for the first week the second week will either be at friends, sleepers or home.
I'm based in Hemel Hempstead.
Day 1 Home, Newport, Birmingham New street, Stansted Airport, Home
Day 2 Home, Exmouth and Oakhampton.
Day 3 Exmouth, Newquay, Falmouth and Exmouth. (That will complete lines in Devon and Cornwall)
Day 4 Exmouth, Paddington, Chester and Rhyl. (meeting a friend for a meal)
Day 5, Rhyl, Manchester (Cheshire line) Carlisle, Kilmarnock, Glasgow.
Day 6 Glasgow, Oban and clear some Glasgow local lines.
Day 7 Glasglow, Edinburgh (via Shotts) Tweedbank, (Maybe North Berwick) and home.
Day 8 Home, Manchester, Huddersfield, Sheffield (stay with a friend??) or home
Day 9 Sheffield or Home clear some lines around Leeds and back home.
Day 10. Start home and clear lines around Salisbury area and finish home.
Day 11 Start home, London Paddington, Cardiff via Gloucester and clear some valley lines. Stay Cardiff
Day 12 Cardiff, Ipswich via London, clear Felixstowe and Harwich lines. I Might stay in Crewe or home
Day 13 Either start Crewe or home and end up in either Stafford (another friend) or try an overnight sleeper.
Day 14 Start hopefully Stafford and a high speed run upwards (north) before making my way home.
The first week is more cast in stone, whereas the second week is more open because I won't know if I can stay at friends until nearer the time.
Any thoughts or too ambitious?
I'll only listed the basic plan, which like most things in life, it is liable to change. (Engineering work, strikes and family) I've already booked 3 nights at Premier Inns and 2 nights in B&B for the first week the second week will either be at friends, sleepers or home.
I'm based in Hemel Hempstead.
Day 1 Home, Newport, Birmingham New street, Stansted Airport, Home
Day 2 Home, Exmouth and Oakhampton.
Day 3 Exmouth, Newquay, Falmouth and Exmouth. (That will complete lines in Devon and Cornwall)
Day 4 Exmouth, Paddington, Chester and Rhyl. (meeting a friend for a meal)
Day 5, Rhyl, Manchester (Cheshire line) Carlisle, Kilmarnock, Glasgow.
Day 6 Glasgow, Oban and clear some Glasgow local lines.
Day 7 Glasglow, Edinburgh (via Shotts) Tweedbank, (Maybe North Berwick) and home.
Day 8 Home, Manchester, Huddersfield, Sheffield (stay with a friend??) or home
Day 9 Sheffield or Home clear some lines around Leeds and back home.
Day 10. Start home and clear lines around Salisbury area and finish home.
Day 11 Start home, London Paddington, Cardiff via Gloucester and clear some valley lines. Stay Cardiff
Day 12 Cardiff, Ipswich via London, clear Felixstowe and Harwich lines. I Might stay in Crewe or home
Day 13 Either start Crewe or home and end up in either Stafford (another friend) or try an overnight sleeper.
Day 14 Start hopefully Stafford and a high speed run upwards (north) before making my way home.
The first week is more cast in stone, whereas the second week is more open because I won't know if I can stay at friends until nearer the time.
Any thoughts or too ambitious?
