For anything to do with mainline steam tours all you need to do is bookmark THIS PAGE and keep an eye on it. Already showing 60007 to be the replacement for 70013 and 70000 is out on the same day as well![]()
Personally I'm sceptical of 70000 making an appearance but I'd like to be proved wrong! As '33056' points out, keep an eye on the UK Steam website for accurate motive power info - it tends to be more accurate than even official websites which can, on the motive power front, represent a work of fiction. There are currently 2 operators promoting tours with 70000 on the same date next April and as for D1015 working one of the trains as well...![]()
You're not the only one that thinks it won't be Britannia, we have heard no update after her big end failure on her test run to Carnforth but she did go back to Crewe so maybe they give her one more chance. If not, I have a theory what is going to pull it
70000 is at Carnforth having the problem, whatever it was, sorted. The loaded test run was intended to happen during the coming week last thing I heard so it may still make its booked working.
a friend of mine is booked on this trip and has had an email saying the Britania won't be ready for this tour.