Zamracene749
Member
Can't recall rastafarians being considered a particular terrorist threat mind.
Maybe he was panicking cos he'd lost his rizlas
Maybe he was panicking cos he'd lost his rizlas
Maybe he wasn't a suicide bomber and you were making him nervous by staring at him.
Are you the same when you see a person from Northern Ireland?
But you were being racist..... so why hide it?
He most probably wasn't and I didn't stare at him, thats the thing that gets me! Being human I do possess full 180 degree peripheral vison you know, I don't wear blinkers. I don't believe a social threat now comes from Northern Ireland, those days are gone fortunately :?
I detest racism in all forms (I scolded someone on my bus for it only yesterday), but I fail to see why he had to keep looking in his bag every 3 minutes. But I wasn't exactly going to stand up and say:
"excuse me sir but due to your ethnicity and your behaviour I do believe you possess a small but potent incendiary and want to blow the hell out of me, I will now leave this carriage as I value my personal safety above everything else".
That would have been much worse. I was just trying to be discreet :?
Please note that this train journey took place in early August after the 7/7 attacks, so I had every right to be a quite a bit concerned.
).This may be true, but white people didn't run that plane into the twin towers. White people didn't bomb the tube.
Therefore, of course people are going to be racist. Even if they don't mean to. They're just scared.
I mean, I know all skinheads aren't thugs, and not all kids in hoods are going to mug you, but they still scare me. Just in case they aren't good people.
If I met a Muslim or an Asian of any variety, I obviously wouldn't think anything of it.
But seeing someone you don't know. Asian, backpack, public transport. It's still scary sometimes when the person looks a little suspicious. Just in case...
It's happened before, and I bet the people on the tube never thought it could happen...but it did.
You might not like it or agree with it but you are racist, in the strictest sense.
I'm sure you like to think of yourself as a fair and decent person(don't we all) and I'm sure your a great lad, but the fact remains you judged two people by their appearance. You assumed one guy was Asian(definition-from Asia, yes?) and that another was a rastafarian (believer in Ethiopian Zion and free user of cannabis-doesn't sound like that bad a religion actually).
Asia is a large place. Not all muslim. There are muslims of all colours.
Muslims are not all terrorists.
Would it be fair to judge all brits by the BNP?
Are all skinheads thugs?
Are all anorak wearers trainspotters?
Are all trainspotters socially inept virgins?
Don't reinforce stereotypes.
Look up ethnic cleansing. And Belsen. And Auschwitz. That is what happens when people judge by race and religion.
Also, there is the theory, that if there is a bomb on a train, you do want to be sat on top of it, because living with severe injuries is worse than death according to many survivors. Many say that they wish they had died., due to the physical emotional and psychologicial injuries, scars and recovery processes involved, combined with the costs - loss of income, lack of compensation, lifestyle changes, changes in family, changes in social circumstances etc.
On a side note, surely moving to another carriage is not the correct thing to do - were we to think that the person is a terrorist, then you should alert the Train manager / Conductor, because by just moving, or changing trains, were that person to be a terrorist and blow up the carriage you had been in, and you could have prevented it, how would you sleep? I wouldn't be able to!
Europeans have bombed things before.Asians have bombed things before.