Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!
I have tickets going from Hitchin to Stevenage quite a lot due to work but that’s it, every other ticket would be to Welwyn Garden from hitchin, it was a one off
You are basically claiming to be the world’s unluckiest person, having short fared twice and been caught both times. Extremely unlikely. Would the Hitchin to Stevenage tickets - another one stop journey - be on the same day as your Welwyn North to Welwyn GC ones?
A court fine will not be as high as £1k no. It’s also related to your income.
As I explained the railway will not fine you. They want the money you have evaded paying. Plus c£150 for the nuisance you are causing them. When they get fed up of your nuisance they will take you to court I expect.
You are basically claiming to be the world’s unluckiest person, having short fared twice and been caught both times. Extremely unlikely. Would the Hitchin to Stevenage tickets be on the same day as your Welwyn North to Welwyn GC ones?
I have said I have short faired before a number of times before I got caught the first time and the tickets are not on the same day, I have not purchased a Welwyn north to Welwyn garden ticket since the second time I was caught I’m certain
== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==
I think you need to be clearer about the offence. I would say
I was travelling from Hitchen to Welwyn Garden City. However I had only bought a ticket from Hitchen to Stevenage and another from Welwyn North to Welwyn Garden City where I was stopped.
Whilst the rest of the letter is a little over the top, in general terms its fine.
I was travelling from Hitchen to Welwyn Garden City. However I had only bought a ticket from Hitchen to Stevenage and another from Welwyn North to Welwyn Garden City where I was stopped.
I am writing to you with the utmost respect and sincerity regarding the letter I received from Govia Thameslink Railway dated 11 June 2025, reference : XXX . I was stopped at Welwyn Garden City on 10 March 2025 . I am aware honesty is highly valued by the railway and I will be truthful. I purchased only a ticket to Stevenage from Hitchin before purchasing a ticket at Welwyn North to get to college at Welwyn Garden City due to insufficient funds. I deeply regret my failure to purchase a ticket valid for the whole journey before boarding one of your trains and also sincerely apologise for the losses I caused to the railway.
I wish to apologize in the sincerest and deepest manner possible for my actions that day, I have the hope that I could settle this outside of the court, willing to cover fare, administrative costs and any additional reparation. I have learned what is right and wrong with the railway laws in this incident and the severity of my actions, since then I've been purchasing tickets in the proper way;this would mean a great deal for my future.
Once more, I would like to say that I am deeply sorry fo
We are aware of an issue with emails from the Forum to Microsoft-based email accounts (hotmail/outlook/live.com email addresses). This is being looked into currently, thanks for your patience meanwhile.