• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern Rail Fixed Penalty Notice - Advice please

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebrad

Member
Joined
17 Mar 2013
Messages
11
Letter drafted, sending two cheques with the slightest of hope they may have some sort of sympathy! Ha

Just to also note though, which I've just realised on scanning my traincard, the alleged offence (of travelling from New Mills to Whaley without paying) is the same day in which I bought my traincard, from Disley in the morning, which supports my arguement further I guess.

Fingers crossed (although I've come to the realisation that I'll be £82.30 lighter!)
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

34D

Established Member
Joined
9 Feb 2011
Messages
6,048
Location
Yorkshire
Has someone on here read your letter? It may be useful.

Also, unless I've missed it, you haven't stated where your journey commenced at or where you boarded the train at. Our advice may be very different if you boarded at Piccadilly or if you boarded at Levenshulme, for example.
 

thebrad

Member
Joined
17 Mar 2013
Messages
11
Oxford Road I boarded.... Does this make much difference as I had no intention when I boarded of travelling past Disley, as this was my intended station stop?
 

thebrad

Member
Joined
17 Mar 2013
Messages
11
Just thought I'd let you know that I received a letter today, along with the £80 cheque returned! They cashed the £2.30 cheque and changed the penalty to a 'Formal Warning' after 'careful considering of my correspondence' they were prepared to take the 'extremely lenient step of dealing with this matter by Formal Warning'

Thanks for advice and definitely a lesson learnt! Faith fully restored in Northern Rail :D
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top