• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern claiming "do not travel" exempts them from consequential loss claim

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
4 Feb 2010
Messages
24,471
Northern would have received compensation from Network Rail for the disruption (delay minutes)
This is no longer the case, not that it is relevant to a claim from the customer in the first place.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

snail

Established Member
Joined
16 Jun 2011
Messages
1,914
Location
t'North
Yes, the bus at peak hours is timetabled at around 1hr 30 with 56 stops! The Metrolink/taxi combination took around 35 minutes.
I do not see a world where a bus timetabled at 4.5x the length of the rail journey is an adequate alternative provision.
I've encountered this a few times trying to get north of Preston during WCML disruption. 17 minutes by train to Lancaster, well over an hour by bus including waiting. A couple of times I've given up on replacement buses and paid £8 on the regular Stagecoach service (no ticket acceptance). I wouldn't dream of claiming that back from the TOC as it's my decision. The point is that you get to your destination, delay repay is there to offer some compensation for lateness.
 

Top