Capt. Squirrel
Member
I recently tried to purchase a standard walk-up return from Bangor to Holyhead but the machine said that no tickets were available? Fortunatly there was still a personed ticket office open and I was advised that no returns are available because it was too short? and I'd have to buy two singles or 2 day returns. For which I was able to get a an advance for the train due in 16 minutes. When was this brought in or has it just never happened to me and I never knew? Also what exactly is the logic? I had been 4 hours on a bus to get to Bangor and was then catching a 4 hour ferry to Dublin. Why price gouge like this and inconvenience medium distance travellers? 2 standard singles if you are'nt lucky enough to RTD cheap advances is the same price as a standard return from Conwy to Holyhead, one stop further down the line. Is this no short returns really a thing anywhere else?