I suspect TPTB are being deliberately ambiguous about exactly where he will land.300 miles in a Sea King? He'll be a wreck by the time they get there. Does it have enough range to do the trip anyway? Why on earth not land closer to the destination.
I suspect TPTB are being deliberately ambiguous about exactly where he will land.300 miles in a Sea King? He'll be a wreck by the time they get there. Does it have enough range to do the trip anyway? Why on earth not land closer to the destination.
It seems incredible to me that the PM has flown to Cornwall, when one of the topics is climate change! Short distance flights to places where the same journey can be made by train are the sort of things we need to be stopping now.I also thought I heard a government minister say that the Prime Minister was flying to Cornwall today- why not the train?
So, Air Force One did land at Newquay after all.
Apparently both the VC-25A and the C-32 landed at Newquay.Don't know which Air Force One went there, was it the 747? Rumour was once the 747 was in at Mildenhall Air Force One was changing to the C-32.
I did track the E-4B that went to Mildenhall
Because a) It takes multiple times as long, and b) There's always the current uncertainty whether it will run 5 vice 10, be found to have the jacking points broken, the reservations will not be applied, it will be announced as sold out (although it's not), etc.I also thought I heard a government minister say that the Prime Minister was flying to Cornwall today- why not the train?
Quite frankly he should be setting an example, especially when climate change is a topic at this summit. If all the journalists could travel by train, then why not Boris?Because a) It takes multiple times as long, and b) There's always the current uncertainty whether it will run 5 vice 10, be found to have the jacking points broken, the reservations will not be applied, it will be announced as sold out (although it's not), etc.