• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

New ÖBB Web Site

Status
Not open for further replies.

LNW-GW Joint

Veteran Member
Joined
22 Feb 2011
Messages
21,924
Location
Mold, Clwyd
I researched a trip in Austria a couple of months ago and worked out all the trains I needed.
I inserted an hour or two connection times in places to have a break and a look round, and used the "Via" facility to force particular trains/routings.

Now I come to book the trains, the ÖBB web site has followed the lemmings and redesigned its site for mobile/tablet use, and seems to have lost the options to insert "Via" or to insert stopovers.
http://www.oebb.at/en/

Has anybody else worked out how to do it on the new site?
The old site is still online, but under threat of being withdrawn imminently, and doesn't seem to return the discounted fares I was expecting.

From a PC/laptop user's point of view, all these booking engine redesigns for smartphones are a backward step.
You get less on a screen and it takes longer to navigate the site.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

30907

Veteran Member
Joined
30 Sep 2012
Messages
21,969
Location
Airedale
It is difficult to use on Android as well!

It is worth contacting them direct (in English) - they were prompt and helpful when I had a problem a few weeks back.
 

blackfive460

Member
Joined
23 Jun 2010
Messages
869
Fear not, all is not lost...

On the front page, over on the right hand side at the bottom of the picture you may spot a link which reads '...or continue using Scotty'. Click it to become a happy bunny again.

And I'd also give a +1 to contacting them if you have any problems. They are very helpful and helpful in pretty good English too if your German isn't up to the job.
 
Last edited:

LNW-GW Joint

Veteran Member
Joined
22 Feb 2011
Messages
21,924
Location
Mold, Clwyd
Thanks folks.
Yes, Scotty will still let you plan a journey with Via and stopover options, but when you click on "buy tickets" you are taken to the new site and are only presented with the direct trains with minimum connection times.
I have contacted ÖBB on the subject, we'll see what they say.

The problem is actually academic now, as I have realised that when I researched the trip in December, I also booked all the Sparscheine fares then despite the trip being in June, long after the usual 90-day availability rule.
I forgot all this while I was on another trip abroad, and in fact have all the tickets printed off already. Doh!

But it will be nice to know for next time.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top