Bletchleyite
Veteran Member
Yeah, I considered NT and 2000 as part of a separate lineage which came together at XP. 2000 was good, but then so was NT4 - it just wasn't part of the consumer lineup.
Indeed, Whistler was the second attempt to unite the two Windows lines. Neptune was the first and was basically 2000 with some consumer friendly options tacked on.Yeah, I considered NT and 2000 as part of a separate lineage which came together at XP. 2000 was good, but then so was NT4 - it just wasn't part of the consumer lineup.
It seems to alternate once you get past a certain point:
Just a word if you or anyone is thinking of going for a laser check the consumable cost and if you can get compatibles before you buy as the pages per cartridge vary immensely, plus higher end, end of line models can be got relatively cheaply and generally have lower consumable cost per page.
As did I.Indeed. I pointed this out earlier![]()

Metal case? Stylistic points?
If those don't appeal to you don't buy a Mac, but they are added cost and value to many people.