• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Ness monster railtour

Status
Not open for further replies.

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
Joined
31 Jul 2010
Messages
4,001
Hi, i am booked on the ness monster railtour this coming saturday 21 aug. Does anyone know if there is a website showing the timings of this yet, just wondered how long we have in sheerness for leg stretch/lunch break and if any good places to eat there. Tks.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Joined
8 Dec 2006
Messages
961
Location
Costa Del Sheppey
I've seen the timings, booked arrival into Sheerness is 1150, departure is 1216.

There's a five minute wait at Swale on the up for a local service to pass, and a 4 minute wait at Queenborough on the down working for the same reason.

As for local amenities - there is a Tesco's about 7 minutes from the station, with a McDonald's about 2 minutes away. There is a Greggs about 5 minutes away in the High Street.

Nearest public toilets are Tescos.

I'm sure there will be plenty of people to ask! I'll also be there photting the train, if you talk to me, mention RailUK!
 

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
Joined
31 Jul 2010
Messages
4,001
many tks for thsi useful info, I am looking forward to the trip. B. Rgds.
 

paul1609

Established Member
Joined
28 Jan 2006
Messages
7,992
Location
K
I'm also on this tour.
i wouldn't recommend straying too far from the safety of the station in Sheerness.
I'd take sandwiches.
If you want a souvenir of Sheerness its likely there will be ample lucky heather sellers on the platform :)
 

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
Joined
31 Jul 2010
Messages
4,001
i've seen the timings, booked arrival into sheerness is 1150, departure is 1216.

There's a five minute wait at swale on the up for a local service to pass, and a 4 minute wait at queenborough on the down working for the same reason.

As for local amenities - there is a tesco's about 7 minutes from the station, with a mcdonald's about 2 minutes away. There is a greggs about 5 minutes away in the high street.

Nearest public toilets are tescos.

I'm sure there will be plenty of people to ask! I'll also be there photting the train, if you talk to me, mention railuk!


tks ryan........i used to come down to sheppey in the 1960s to mid 1980s, my grand parents used to live at warden pount. I have been back a few times & seen many changes. More recent visits have been on the shepherd neame spitfire main steam trains from london, then the local trips they do which have included sheerness sometimes, (the most recent was an extra trip in may, but steam was replaced by diesel at the last minute as the steam loco failed) i am doing that again in sept so hope steam will be ok again by then. Rgds stevieboy1
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top