• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

My Railway Art (Drawings)

Status
Not open for further replies.

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
Joined
11 Jun 2005
Messages
3,087
Location
Trowbridge
Hello all,

I found a folder that contains some artwork I did a few years ago and decided to scan them onto the PC to share them.

I'm no artist by the way, in fact before these, the only drawing I did was at school. It actually started at a mental institution in Devizes and, anyone on here with experience may know, you are encouraged to try though usually to express your feelings. Well one day I decided to just start drawing in my room, since I was locked up for weeks and I preferred to be isolated at that time, I came up with an A3 drawing on a GB 66 at some power station (forget where now).

I do have the original somewhere, but it caught on and I did some A4 drawings from then. The ones I did were:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/67893901@N07/10653938624/

A Heathrow Connect Class 360 at Hayes & Harlington, taken from an online picture. As you can see, scaling is not my strong point, and I'm no professional in this field. I do like detail though.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/67893901@N07/10653944716/

A close up front shot of a National Power 59/2. I think it was going to be a picture of a 59 in full, but decided on an enlarged front shot, I think it was so I could have a go at drawing the detail of the front.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/67893901@N07/10653942786/

My first made up scene. Not based on anywhere, just tried to do something from imagination for a change. Loco and coach looks a but crap I know! The tunnel was drawn so I could escape from drawing more MK1's :lol:!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/67893901@N07/10653945136/

Another made up scene of a Class 33 at Waterloo Platform 19. Not the best scaling and shaping of the 33, but it is my favorite one I've done I think.


That's all I've ever done. Looking back on these I'm wondering weather to take it up again...

Hope you like them :)



James.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Joined
8 Apr 2010
Messages
17,852
Location
Epsom
Yes, keep it up - as you do more you will produce increasingly good drawings. The only way you will never produce excellent drawings is if you never do any drawings.
 

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Joined
19 Jun 2005
Messages
21,839
Location
Nowhere Heath
I'm having no luck looking at them at the moment, keeps telling me the link is wrong.

Might work on a PC/laptop but I'm browsing on my phone and using the app. Shouldn't make a difference though!
 

Temple Meads

Established Member
Joined
2 Sep 2010
Messages
2,283
Location
Devon
I'm having no luck looking at them at the moment, keeps telling me the link is wrong.

Might work on a PC/laptop but I'm browsing on my phone and using the app. Shouldn't make a difference though!

Working fine for me! :)

I also used to be into drawing when I was younger, this thread may just be the catalyst I need to start up again!
 

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
Joined
11 Jun 2005
Messages
3,087
Location
Trowbridge
I suppose the more I do, the more I might be able to shape things properly.

It's hard work but the outcome is worth it. Yes, I really did spend days drawing each individual stone on the ballast, but it really is worth it in the end!
 

43021HST

Established Member
Joined
11 Sep 2008
Messages
1,565
Location
Taunton
10698310216_582de074df_o.jpg


My Drawing of the LMS prototype, unfinished.
 

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Joined
17 Apr 2011
Messages
35,473
Location
A typical commuter-belt part of north-west England
I suppose the more I do, the more I might be able to shape things properly.

It's hard work but the outcome is worth it. Yes, I really did spend days drawing each individual stone on the ballast, but it really is worth it in the end!

Do not be disheartened and persevere. The fact that you have an interest in the subject matter will be an aid to you.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top